A film on the creation, naming, and history of Yeshiva University’s Albert Einstein College of Medicine (1953-1973) and University President Dr. Samuel Belkin’s role in founding the school. The film includes footage of Albert Einstein at a press conference in 1953 announcing that the new medical school will bear his name.
The film was originally created for viewing in Yad Samuel Belkin, an exhibit and memorial to Dr. Belkin, which was dedicated December 2, 1979. Yad Belkin is located on the second floor of the Mendel Gottesman Library. Mrs. Abby Belkin thanks Abraham Allen, Hiram Brown, and Henry Paticoff for their help with the film in the acknowledgments in the program booklet for the dedication of Yad Belkin.